Thursday, September 30, 2010

de·fer /diˈfər/ Verb

Let's face it. My last blog post missed the mark. I wrote about yogurt, and at that, rather badly. I don't make time for multiple drafts, and so sometimes I push on with a topic even when I know it's not working, simply because I am desperate to get something posted. My apologies, readers. Honestly, the last post reminded me of the kind of writing I might have produced on a test when I was in public school--forced, lacking in vision, and generally speaking, irrelevant. Moving on...

A good friend of mine recently began her own blog, and I have to admit, I look forward to each new post. Her writing is at once poetic and bold, with a dash of humor to keep things interesting. She is able to pull off what I think of as peeling-back-the-onion-honesty, without anyone getting hurt in the process. Best of all she has a good sense of when to begin and end a post. Her blog "Work Play Eat Dream" was recently highlighted as a blog to check out on Boston.com. (That's impressive stuff in the world of blogging. ) I hope you'll check out Sarah's blog at: http://workplayeatdream.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't bad, Carole - it just needed more time to ferment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blushing! Thank you for the lovely compliments. You've given me a lot to live up to. For the record, I liked the yogurt post and am always up for a good food metaphor.

    ReplyDelete